James Bay Parent Advisory Council (PAC) is made up of all of the parents of the school – so remember that as a parent you are a member! Please attend our monthly meetings – they are a wonderful opportunity to connect with the school and other parents.
We meet on THE SECOND WEDNESDAY of each month. Your child will be cared for by an experienced adult sitter while you join in and take part. Meeting reminders and PAC information will be posted on the bulletin board in the main hallway and in the newsletter.Here is a list of the purposes of our PAC, as they are stated in our constitution:
- To advise the school Principal and staff on parental views about school programs, policies, and activities;
- To communicate with parents, and to promote co-operation between the home and school in providing for the education of children;
- To assist parents in accessing the system, and to advocate on behalf of parents and students;
- To organize activities and events;
- To contribute to the effectiveness of the school by promoting the involvement of parents and other community members.
So, we look forward to meeting you and hearing what you feel is important for your child, your parenting and our school. Together we will work with the staff and other parents of our school to support a rich and rewarding school experience for our kids.
James Bay Community School also has a Parent Resource Room, that is accessible every morning, with comfy seating, basic kitchen facilities, a computer, toys and books and is a place where parents can gather, relax and catch up.
Contact at – email@example.com